Today is the first official day of Fall. The mornings are crisp and it's getting dark earlier and earlier. And while I'll certainly miss the heat, I admit that I really do love Fall. It's Mr. C's birthday and later, our anniversary, and is our favorite season to be outdoors. Here are some Fall favorites:
- Apple-Picking - We went on Sunday and have been eating apples ever since (and by the number of apples of varying sorts on the counter right now, looks we will be for a while!)
- Picnics - I'm a total sucker for a picnic. Give me a blanket, some yummy bites and a pretty view, and I'm set. (Wine optional, but always preferred.) Spring and Summer picnics are fantastic, but there is something special about the Fall. Less people, more leaves - sold. We took a trip to Jockey Hallow this weekend and set up a little spread in a field. Surrounded by trees and an amazing garden, it was the perfect weekend respite.
- Bold Beauty - Once you go vamp, you can't go back (until at least April). Embrace the deep Bordeaux, oxblood and plum hues you've been drooling over all summer.
- Spicy Treats - Whether it's that pumpkin chai latte or adding extra cinnamon to everything, Fall is all about warm, decadent flavors.
- Chunky Knits - Is there anything better than a cozy sweater? Nope. Fisherman, Cashmere, want them all.
- Plaid - Skirts, shirts, scarves. Love, especially paired with denim.
- The Leaves - Let's face it - there is something truly awe-inspiring about the changing colors. Hit the road for the day to check them out (the Hudson Valley is incredible this time of year) or take a stroll in Central Park. Either way, it's time to get outside and enjoy the foliage.